Thursday, February 17, 2011

Federation Mission Rev 0.1



So.... we are getting excited about our forthcoming trip to Israel on the Houston Federation mission. The e-mails are becoming much more numerous, detailing all aspects of the journey.

Yesterday I bough a small extension cord at the dollar store. I added a small power adapter to the male end to adapt it to Israeli (European) power outlets. This way we can plug in three devices such as my laptop, a cell phone charger and one other device. Neat!

Also, my new Kindle arrived so it will not be necessary to "schlepp" a pile of books around the world. Travel light where possible.

Having said this, we will be "schlepping" four huge medical tomes for an old friend in Israel; saving him a great deal. This is a pleasure, after all a friend in need is a friend in deed. I haven't seen this friend since 1977, so I am really looking forward to chatting with him and his family.

My mom arrived in Houston yesterday after an extended stay in Australia. She has a week to prepare for our much anticipated journey.

This is all very exciting, as said earlier.

Robert Louis Stevenson once said that 90% of the fun is in the anticipation and not the journey itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment